Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 1 Eats!

Today's meal post is lacking photos, since this whole photo blog idea came to me after I'd already eaten most of my meals today. You're not missing much, though.. as you'll see by the lack of anything fresh, I'm way overdue for a trip to the grocery store.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Quaker Oats (measured dry) with half a banana, sliced, and 1/2 scoop Optimum Nutrition French Vanilla Creme whey protein powder (find it here).
1 cup black coffee.

Lunch: 1/2 cup leftover ham salad on a low-carb tortilla.
I made a double batch (bad idea) of the ham salad for a party over the weekend, and have a TON left over. It's a Rachael Ray recipe, it's really tasty, and calories aren't bad - but it's super high in sodium and fat. Click for recipe. (I used sweet relish instead of dill relish and omitted the olives - too salty for me!)
1/2 cup of Breakstone's reduced fat cottage cheese with 1/2 cup of raspberries (I use frozen - they're cheaper, and taste as good as fresh).

Afternoon Snack: 1 oz. of mixed nuts (Planter's Heart Healthy mix), and a cup of black coffee.


Be back later with dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment